Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 139: May 19 - Cancun-bound

Each airline offers different advantage and disadvantages. Peter and I quickly realized on our Virgin America flight that we missed Mexicana Airlines, which had gone out of business last year.

Mexicana offered free luggage, meals, snacks AND alcohol. It was amazing. Probably why they went out of business, since these things are nearly unheard of these days in the world of flying.

I love Virgin America, and I love that we had a straight-through flight to Cancun, but I didn't like the cost of the alcohol. Lucky for me, the stewardess dropped half a drop of ginger ale on me when she passed it to Peter so she decided I should have whatever I wanted to drink as an "I'm sorry." I was drinking coke so I picked rum. Then I dumped the whole rum into my coke. ... into one of those tiny little airplane cups. Bad move!

It was way too strong, but I sucked it up, since it was free, pounded it, and then promptly drifted off to la-la land into a Dramamine-and-Bacardi induced nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment