Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 120: April 30 - A perfect Napa day

There are times when I'm very grateful to be a Napa gal, and even more grateful to be one who has a couple Napa Valley connections.

Saturday, I was lucky enough to get tickets to Kitchens in the Vineyards, the Hall Cabernet Cookoff, and then had the opportunity to help a friend's family bottle their wine. All in all, a perfect day.
This was just the walkway leading up to one of the houses. What's in front of me in this photo was two garages that I can only imagine hold lots of fabulous cars. The kitchens were pretty much amazing, but we weren't allowed to take photos.
This little lamb corndog was the best thing I've eaten in a long, long time. So much so that it not only got my vote in the best amateur category, but Stacey and I each went back for three.

Bottling was great, but my waxing skills left something to be desired. Lesson learned:)

No comments:

Post a Comment